WordPress is the largest content management system in the world, by a huge margin. This means that while there are a lot of great, even famous WordPress sites out there, there are also a lot of horrible, insecure sites out there (among the most infamous of these is the Panama Papers breach). Our WordPress Maintenance, Security & Performance plan keeps your site out of hot water, but it also ensures that your visitors enjoy a zippy and high-performing site that consistently achieves its business / organizational goals. Isn’t that why you wanted a website to begin with?
As a way to provide even more value to our Maintenance, Security and Performance clients, we include 256-bit SSL encryption (single-site, Comodo SSL certificate, a $99 value) as well as several premium plugins (Gravity Forms, Advanced Custom Fields and others) for all plans and access to MOZ SEO/Marketing Pro for those on a premium plan (a $400 value).
Keeping Your WordPress Site Healthy
One of our most popular and frequently-requested services, WordPress Maintenance, Security & Performance is a good fit for WordPress website owners who do not have an in-house web team. We track key metrics (customized for your site and business goals) and ensure that software updates are integrated into your site’s existing ecosystem so that it stays healthy and secure for the long run.
WordPress is a powerful and user-friendly content management system, and it is perfectly reasonable to expect the same WordPress website that you operate today to be modern and up-to-date five years from now – with a completely different design if need be.
Your WordPress website is a valuable asset worth maintaining. That’s one reason that we choose WordPress as one of our primary development tools. It is a multi-million dollar piece of software that you get for free. Lots of people agree with us – 27% of the internet runs on WordPress – sites such as Sony Music, CNN, Google Ventures and the New Yorker magazine all use WordPress.
Popularity makes WordPress a popular target
Because WordPress is open source (software for which the source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified) and widely used, it is a popular target for malware, hacking and other online mischief that can cause site owners a lot of problems. We offer our clients a monthly package that includes security updates to the WordPress core and to site plugins (and APIs where applicable).
WordPress Security and Performance Packages, Features, and Pricing
We offer a monthly plan for WordPress websites of all shapes and sizes. See all package details and pricing here.
Consistently Awesome Organic SEO Results
Once your site’s software is up to date, it is usually easy for us to maintain (we like to think our extensive experience makes it so :)), so we apply the remaining time in the WordPress Maintenance, Security & Performance monthly allocation to digital marketing and SEO. We generally get excellent results with our organic SEO methods. Our aim is to give you way more value than what you actually pay for.
Our standard WordPress Maintenance, Security & Performance package includes the following:
- Review and optimization of your site’s personal “Golden Metric”, which is a unique measurement of your site’s established goals. This is often conversion for a certain form, page or revenue metric.
- Detailed scan of site for malware, and correction of any existing issues. This particular item essentially acts as insurance against any unexpected issues that develop on the site (ie. If you have a monthly service package with us, we charge nothing at all to mitigate such problems, should they occur).
- Detailed scan of site for error logs, and report of any existing issues and recommended corrective action.
- Updating, configuration, and testing of WordPress core and plugins (when appropriate). Generally speaking, it is best to have the latest version of all plugins and software installed on the site. With some plugins, this is not always the case, especially in the case of customizations. Each month we scan plugins and other software to ensure compatibility with the version of WordPress installed on the site.
- Updating the site’s theme, and identifying needs to replace or update to latest device compatibility where necessary and appropriate.
- Perform W3C code validation on the site to ensure any newly added content/code meets the The World Wide Web Consortium standards (this is important for forward compatibility and for search engine’s ability to recognize targeted content).
- Review of Google Search Console reported issues. This includes mobile usability auditing, sitemap installation and monitoring, structured data review, crawls errors review and analysis, and a number of other search engine related health checks.
- Review disk space and bandwidth usage to ensure current hosting package is appropriate, and investigate and correct any issues (core dump files, error logs, etc.).
- Review site performance and apply gzip compression and browser caching, if appropriate. Run performance analysis and provide recommendations on techniques to improve performance.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Updates:
- Competitive analysis; compare your site to sites that are similar in size and scope, and copy what works! We have excellent tools to achieve this, and yes, it is necessary and completely ethical to look over your internet shoulder.
- Establish and monitor search engine ranking and listing goals including reports on page rank, traffic, etc. using the tool set that we have developed over 16+ years in the business.
- Ongoing SEO work to include: local business optimization, page content keyword analysis and recommendations (includes file names, header markup, keyword density), schema.org markup for addresses/business name/etc., competitive analysis and recommendations.
- Off-site optimization and maintenance. This includes social media, directories and business resources such as Google Business and similar services.
Monthly Reports on Your WordPress Site
Each month we provide you with a detailed report on the above items and a list of recommendations. Below is a sample report showing the items covered during maintenance.
We work with each of our clients individually to determine appropriate goals and business success factors for a given site. Get in touch so that we can discuss what will work best for your site.WordPress Maintenance and SEO Report Sample.docx