Magento is a powerful and hugely popular e-commerce platform. Like many well-designed software platforms, Magento uses a system of extensions to provide specific functionality for tasks that it is capable of, but not programmed to do “out of the box”. These extensions need to be updated regularly so that they don’t create security vulnerabilities, and also so that they stay compatible with the most recent core release of Magento software. Our monthly package that includes security and functionality updates (including PCI compliance scans and maintenance for stores that accept credit cards directly, as most do), as well as on-going search engine optimization efforts.
- Detailed scan of site for error logs and malware, and correction of any existing issues. This particular item essentially acts as insurance against any malware issues that develop on the site (i.e. If you have a monthly service package with us, there will be no additional charge for any work we do to mitigate malware compromises of your site whenever they occur).
- Updating, configuration, and testing of Magento core and extensions (when appropriate). Generally speaking, it is best to have the latest version of all extension and core software installed on the site. With some extensions, this is not always the case, especially in the case of customizations. Each month we will do a detailed scan of each extension and software package to make sure it is healthy and compatible with the version of Magento installed on the site.
- Perform W3C code validation on the site to ensure any newly added content/code meets the The World Wide Web Consortium standards (this is important for forward compatibility and for search engine’s ability to recognize targeted content).
- Review disk space and bandwidth usage to ensure current hosting package is appropriate, and investigate and correct any issues (core dump files, error logs, etc.).
- Perform PCI scan and take corrective action where necessary.
- Establishment and monitoring of SEO goals including reports on page rank, traffic, etc. We are most interested in measurable impact to the most important phrases for your site, and recurring maintenance is extremely helpful in accomplishing this. One of the measures that Google uses to decide where to rank your site, in fact, is how frequently it is updated. So our updates combine SEO intelligence with frequency, and the result is better rankings for your site.
- Ongoing SEO work to include: adjustments to known Google algorithm changes, page content keyword analysis and recommendations (includes file names, header markup, keyword density), schema.org markup for addresses/business name/etc., competitive analysis and recommendations.